At ironSAGE our Enterprise Architecture practice achieves business and IT alignment by adopting a business driven, top-down approach. We seek to understand the business vision, strategy and goals of an organization, and create a business architecture which highlights both the requirements and future capabilities needed to optimize business success.
ironSAGE’s Enterprise Architects work closely with business and IT leaders to fill the gaps that prevent effective use of IT by:
- Developing Enterprise Architecture artifacts, solution architectures, strategies, and roadmaps.
- Assessing existing architecture artifacts, technology solutions, and IT processes for independent advice and direction.
- Providing technical leadership to large and complex projects.
- Providing thought leadership based on our experience and market trends.
- Implementing effective governance structures to maintain overall alignment within the organization.
Overcoming Challenges & Risks
Simply put, Enterprise Architecture aligns people, services and technology with the business goals of an organization. Ensuring alignment between an organization’s business imperatives and the under-pinning IT capabilities is a constant challenge in today’s fast-moving operating environments. Enterprise Architecture, the process of articulating the business context and designing the IT capabilities to support it, is an essential discipline to ensure the optimal interaction between people, process, information and technology.
- IT unable to match the speed of business change.
- Business change negated due to IT using its “technology veto”.
- IT unaware of the business’ imperatives and priorities.
- Maximizing the benefit of automation and reuse of technology components.
- Optimizing the use of technology in an increasingly mobile world.
- Prioritizing IT resources across business demands and technology upkeep.
- Missed business or organizational improvement opportunities.
- IT focused on hardware and software maintenance rather than business requirements.
- IT plans and roadmaps not aligned with business strategy.
- Stifled growth due to incompatible technologies and conflicting processes.
- Increasing IT maintenance burden as the number of systems and services proliferate.
ironSAGE Enterprise Architecture Service Offerings
ironSAGE has a number of standard Enterprise Architecture service offerings from which you can choose. Whether you opt for one of these or are seeking something specific, we will tailor our services to meet your business needs. Our Enterprise Architecture service offerings include:
IT Strategy & ISSP Development – Our consultants understand the complex challenges the business and technology that you face, and will help define a clear vision and strategy for your organization’s journey.
Enterprise Architecture – Building on an IT strategy, a full Enterprise Architecture describes a business in terms of models, standards, principles, policies, and procedures that reflect the business context and information needs, application systems, and the technical architecture and infrastructure of the organization. The models and roadmaps we define through this process provide a blueprint used to lead the organization forward.
Solution Architecture – Every problem can be solved by a clearly defined solution. Solution architecture describes how a system or process should be built to solve a specific problem in the context of an organization’s technology standards, principles, preferences and constraints.
IT Reviews – Every organization is challenged by an ever-increasing workload and demand for new solutions, yet internal time to assess and improve is a commodity in short supply. We have standard approaches and models for conducting targeted or comprehensive IT assessments. The ensuing report provides clients with a clear and easily understandable appraisal of their current state, together with a set of categorized and prioritized recommendations.
IT Service Management – Whether IT services are provided in-house or are outsourced, the need for effective IT service management is an essential ingredient of any IT department. Our ITIL-trained staff specialize in IT service management processes, procedures and organizational structures with a view to enabling organizations to achieve appropriate and cost-effective service delivery.
System Evaluation & Selection – Our technology agnostic consultants can work with you to gather and collate requirements, identify technology options and evaluate solutions.
Have Questions? Contact Us.
You may also reach us by:
Email: General Inquiries